Wednesday 14 September 2011

Fact Checking Me -- Congressional Rollbacks of Pro-employee Legislation

Three times a year, my good friend Connie Cornell and I give a presentation called Essential Employment Law for our law school alma mater's continuing legal education program.

We have been doing this several years now (I can't quite remember how it started, but I think it had to do with too much wine at some speaker's dinner.)  In several of these presentations I have said, and will probably do so tomorrow unless someone saves me from error by fact checking me, that I am not aware of a time since the Portal to Portal Act of 1947, when Congress has rolled back or taken away any pro-employee legislation that it has passed.

Can any one think of anything to the contrary?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comment !